Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Five on the Fifth - January 2010



Stephen Chapman has the blog State of the Nation UK, where he has the fascinating feature, Five on the Fifth.
Welcome to "5 on the fifth", a monthly posting that benefits from audience participation. You take 5 photographs on the 5th of the month (or the days leading up to the 5th) - post a comment here with your name, location and link to the site containing your photos and I will update the blog entry with your information. Remember to mention my blog on your own blog, so that your visitors get to see the other contributions. You can take 5 random pictures or follow my suggested theme, which this month is: Water.

Well, it is January, so most of the water around here is ice, and that is what I decided to take pictures of this month. So I picked up the camera on January 4th and went outside in the cold to find some frozen water, with it's differing textures and shapes.


A puddle on the driveway outside the barn.


As water drips from a condensate line, it formed a land-locked iceberg.


A shard of ice sticks up in a puddle.


Leaves trapped in a layer of ice.


PawPaw Creek

6 comments:

  1. Nice ice. I like the first pic best, but I won't tell you what it reminds me of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part - it's obviously a cold cold day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos!! I was going to take part in this one and forget! Next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, thank you. I am sure you must tell me at some point!

    Stephen, thanks for holding the Five on the Fifth events. Gives me an excuse to do something I love to do, take pictures.

    Michael, Do it now! Get into the habit, for it is great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shilpa, thank you. Stop back again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails