Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Album News - John Barrowman




John Barrowman sent out word of a new album release via his Twitter Account (@Team_Barrowman) and linked to his website. What follows is the release, and a bit of a squeal from me as I am excited about it!

John Barrowman, Britain's most successful - and comfortably Britain's best - all-round entertainer releases his third solo album, the self-titled John Barrowman on February 22nd on Arista. John Barrowman is easily one of the most familiar faces on British television and the West End stage. Best known for playing Captain Jack Harkness in the BBC series’ Torchwood and Doctor Who, he has also been a judge on the award-winning BBC1 entertainment shows How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?, Any Dream Will Do and I’d Do Anything. More recently he has hosted his own primetime Saturday night TV extravaganza, Tonight's The Night and graced London’s West End as Zaza in the Olivier Award-winning La Cage Aux Folles.

John Barrowman is perhaps his most personal album to date – the album he has always wanted to make. As with 2007's Another Side and 2008's Music Music Music, it is a masterful, evocative and uplifting journey into perhaps the man's first love, musical theatre, comprising his favourite moments from Cats, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys and Mack and Mabel to name a few. The album is filled with instantly familiar classics - Memory, The Winner Takes It All, My Eyes Adored You - to the less immediately familiar, such as So Close, a spine-tingling duet with Jodie Prenger lifted from the recent Disney movie Enchanted and chosen for his niece Clare. Also included is a beautiful version of You’ll Never Walk Alone from Carousel, a song which his mother sang to him as a child. Every track holds an emotional relevance for John. Recorded exclusively for the iTunes album, The Doctor and I, about Captain Jack’s relationship with Doctor Who, is an imaginative re-working of The Wizard And I from the musical Wicked.

John Barrowman is representative of a man at the height of his powers, someone who can fill a song with the same chutzpah and style that he can a role on the West End stage. Simply put, he has never sounded better. 2010 is already promising to be a remarkable year for John Barrowman with a number of major projects confirmed. Watch him go global!

Tracklisting:
When I Get My Name In Lights (from The Boy from Oz)
One Night Only (from Dreamgirls)
Copacabana (from Copacabana)
I Won’t Send Roses (from Mack and Mabel)
Memory (from Cats)
The Kid Inside (from Is There Life After High School?)
My Eyes Adored You (from Jersey Boys)
Don't Cry Out Loud (from The Boy From Oz)
So Close (from Enchanted) duet with Jodie Prenger
Unusual Way (from Nine)
You’ll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)
The Winner Takes It All (from Mamma Mia!)
Oh What A Night (from Jersey Boys)

5 comments:

  1. I squealed a bit, too, Howard!
    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of one to buy a CD or download music (I know, I'm a bad behr...don't even own an iPod). But this sounds like something I'd go out and buy because I know his voice and he's dreamy. Thanks for this Howard and HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read so much bout John - but why did I not know he was a musician...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, a fellow-squealer!


    Behr, welcome, and glad you stopped by!

    Wonder Man, it should be a great one.

    SteveA, see, you can learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails