Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cause Ricky Says - Kings of Convenience



Bottom photo: Left: Erlend Øye Right: Eirik Glambek Bøe

A couple weeks ago, Ricky Martin tweeted about some nice music, and I dutifully clicked on the link, and up came a string of videos for Kings of Convenience, and I really liked it. It was mainly in the indie-pop-acoustic-folk vein, and enjoyable. The band is made up of the duo Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambek Bøe, Norwegian boys who have put out four albums between 2001 and 2009, and I hadn't really head of previously. Although not their first language, they do seem to right their lyrics in English. This first clip is Misread, from the 2004 release Riot On An Empty Street.



Then there is I'd Rather Dance With You, from the same album.



Finally, there is Boat Behind, from the September 2009 release Declaration of Dependence.



I just don't know what to say about the music, except I really like it. I went out and downloaded a couple of CDs, and find it to be gentle and relaxing, kind of an aural blanket. I really like it, and think others might too. And there is another find I have to thank Ricky Martin for personally, should he ever lift the order of protection. [Joking, I am just joking!] For more about Kings of Convenience, you can find their website here.

2 comments:

  1. I love, I'd Rather Dance With You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Man, I do, too! I kinda like all the music. Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails