Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day • Jonathan Groff & Christian Borle

 photo Jonathan_Groff_zpsbpuvclzc.jpg  photo Christian_Borle004_zps19f8spzf.jpg

To continue with my celebration of Mother's Day, I thought I would offer up a clip I recently found on YouTube. It stars the deliciously talented duo of Jonathan Groff and Christian Borle, singing a duet as a part of MCC's 'Broadway Miscast'. I am telling you, those clips can entertain me for hours. The premiss of the yearly concert is bringing on Broadway standouts, and give them a chance to perform a song for a role in a show in which they would never be cast. Groff and Borle, both known for incredible performances on Broadway, as well as strong performances in TV and film, chose to play sisters Baby June and Louise from the iconic show 'Gypsy' when they sing "If Mama Was Married". The score for 'Gypsy' was written by Jule Styne, with lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. I think Jonathan and Christian do a great job with the song, and make me smile from deep inside. This is Jonathan Groff and Christian Borle with "If Mama Was Married" from 'Gypsy'.



Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails