Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a Sign of the Times



Sometimes you run across a video that just jumps out at you, and screams out perfection. This video is one of them. As I was searching for videos of the 5th Dimension songs, I came across this clip from the British music program Top of the Pops, broadcast in 1970, but it captures the psychedelic last 60s in a way few could. There is the style of dance, projecting the pictures on the body, the camera work and editing, well, I just couldn't keep from smiling. So here it is, set to the 5th Dimension's Wedding Bell Blues, a truly retro experience. Let's Go-Go!

5 comments:

  1. That brings back some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about this, as always. I definitely see what you're saying.
    I did love the 5th Dimension, too. I was a little young yet to really be into music in their heyday, but I do have a few 45s, and this some was one of them!
    They also did a song called the Declaration, which was the Declaration of Independence set to music. That was cool!
    Thanks for teh dose of 5D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, doesn't it? Love it!

    Stan, the 5thD did so much, it was tough to narrow it down.

    Wonder Man, me, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails