Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GLEE TV - New Scoop!



Michael Ausiello at EW.com got the latest scoop from Producer Ryan Murphy, and it is some great stuff. And I do mean some interesting and explosive stuff! To read the report in full, click here.


He’s putting Rachel and Puck back together! “I was really surprised [viewers responded so favorably to that pairing],” he says. “I thought people would find her to be far too irritating for him. But by the time [we heard that feedback], we had already shot the first 13 [episodes]. But because I read that — in your column, actually, so you get the blame — I was like, ‘I’m going to get them together in some way.’ So we just finished [writing] a special episode where they are together, and they have two numbers together. It’s episode 4, Bad Reputation.”

Neil Patrick Harris is nearing a deal to appear in the May sweeps Glee episode that’s being helmed by his Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog director, Joss Whedon. Anyway, Harris wants to do it, and Glee creator Ryan Murphy sure as hell wants him to — he’s creating a role especially for the How I Met Your Mother scene-stealer. And yes, the part includes a little song-’n'-dance. In fact, the gig not only would reunite Harris with Whedon, it’d also reteam him with Zachary Woodlee, who choreographed the musical number in HIMYM’s recent 100th episode. The one possible snag — and there’s always one, isn’t there? CBS has to OK its MVP’s appearance on Fox’s breakout hit. But at least since HIMYM and Glee are both produced by 20th Century Fox, there’s no conflict on their end.


The upcoming Madonna episode deserves to be called “very special.” “It’s big… huge. We’re shooting it now. It’s got like 10 numbers in it, and the production value is very big. We adore her and worship her, so when I’m directing, I’m always like, ‘Do it for Madonna.’” (Ed. note: Murphy wouldn’t say which Madge tune Jane Lynch’s Sue would be doing, but I can confirm that it’s Vogue.)

He’s gonna keep us seeing stars. “We got Olivia [Newton-John],” he recounts. “She’s going to come on and do Physical with Jane Lynch. Jennifer Lopez wants to do the show, so I’m going to meet with her. In the past couple of months, a lot of people are coming out saying they love the show and would I meet with them and write something. But I don’t want to stunt-cast too much, because I think the [musical] numbers are already so extravagant. If I do Jennifer, I would want her to be, like, a lunch lady. And [exec producer] Brad Falchuk is obsessed with having Bruce Springsteen on the show, so I’m sure we’ll go after him at some point.”


Kurt’s gonna get lucky. “We just announced we’re doing a nationwide search for the season 2 cast, and [a boyfriend for Kurt is] one of the three roles that we’re adding. And we’re going to make them a power couple. We’re not going to do the whole hiding in the shadows thing. We’re going to make them popular, and out and proud and glamorous. Like prom king and king. We’re doing the opposite of what’s been done.” But wait, there’s more: “We’re also casting sort of a Eve Harrington [from All About Eve] to kind of steal Rachel’s thunder a little. So those are two of the three.”

So, only three more months until we get more GLEE in our lives. Damn. At least we know the are filming the rest of the season now!

3 comments:

  1. I love you Howard. I love you for keeping me up on all this GLEE stuff! I don't know how you are always the first to know all this, but I sure do appreciate it.

    I love that they are going to make Kurt and his BF into an out, proud power couple. Things sure have changed since I went to HS twenty years ago.

    If Springsteen ever shows up in a GLEE episode, I will totally cream my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think I'd learn to stop trying to moderate comments on my iPod Touch with my big fingers.

    behrmark said:

    I was practically peeing myself with...well....glee as I read this. I feel like I'm a teenage girl seeing Bobby Sherman. Oh god, I just dated myself! Thanks for the update - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, I love you too, my friend.

    Behr, I remember what you are saying, so does that mean you not only dated yourself, but dated me as well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails