Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2010 Bloggie Best Weblog About Music



Champagne for everyone!

Yes, as I and several others mentioned yesterday, Soundtrack to my Day was named Best Weblog About Music in the 2010 Weblog Awards, or Bloggies. I discovered this when I noticed increased traffic from the Bloggies site on my FEEDJIT traffic feed, and I went there and found this:



I went back and checked several times, for I was in disbelief. I will admit to being in a bit of a winter funk, with what seemed like endless snow, and a rough week or so at work. Then I read the rules, and see that the winners were announced on Sunday night via Twitter, so I had missed this:


So it was true, it seems the blog had won. I was totally prepared for the whole 'I am just thrilled being nominated' thing, because that is so very truth. It was not that long ago that David Dust and Tranny Beth talked me into blogging, and then through setting it up. My goal was to talk about the music I love. My first real post was about Casey Stratton, for I had just purchased his album and decided to review it. I've covered my favorite out and proud singer/songwriters, their videos, new releases, and the live shows I have attended. So I feel once I have thanks David & TrannyBeth, I must thank all the musicians, signed or unsigned, gay or str8, who have made music that inspired me on this blog. Casey, Eric, Tom, Aiden, Levi, Matt, Chad, Chris, Gareth, Guy, Toby, Syd, Travis, Ari, Ivri, Wes, Lee & Alex, Theo, Mikey, Shane, Ronan, Jimmy, Paul, Stewart, Anthony, Garrin, Daniel, Angel, and others, thanks. Y'all do the hard work, I just chat about it. And to the readers, I owe appreciation as well. Your comments keep me on my toes, and remind me there are people out there who, like myself, appreciate good music. Whether you appreciate the new artists or the old favorites, without your support and kindness, none of this would be possible.

To celebrate in the traditional 'Soundtrack' way, I offer you Daniel Cartier, who has a new album coming out soon. Here he is singing an a cover of the Eurythmics Here Comes The Rain Again as I look out the window to watch the rain, grateful it isn't more snow.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely speech for a well-deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Howard! It was definitely a well-deserved honour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most gracious blog ever. I love you Howard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a proud Mama...

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again! This is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Howard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder Man, and a very special thanks to you.

    Bob, thanks!

    Tams Fan, and a special thanks to my Canadians!

    Behr, awww, thank you, sweetie.

    David, as well you should be.

    Michael, Merci!

    Renita, thank you, my lovely friend! Hope the staycation is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, and although I'm only new here, from what i've seen, the award is richly deserved. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and thanks for always supporting my music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jason, thank you so much.

    Casey, Thanks! I support it cause I love it! It is great to have it come full circle, since my first music post was about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats my friend! Hope to see you next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joni, thank you so much. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally, I'm back in the blog realm and get to officially congratulate you Howard. I really appreciate all that you do and all the effort you expend maintaining this blog and exposing us to all manner of talent, new and old. The blog award is well deserved. Couldn't have been earned by a better person. Enjoy the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - sorry for the late read on this - I was out for a while. You so deserve this award and thanks for your great posts. You really have an amzing history of music behind you - and you are also forward looking with your posts on fellow-gay artists.

    Thanks again and congrats my friend!

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails