Saturday, March 6, 2010

Schoolhouse Rocks Grammar



Between 1973 and 1980, 37 exceptional installments of children's television were produced and televised, and I remember loving every minute of it, despite not being a child myself at the time. In spots running only three minutes, these cartoons taught lessons in grammar, history, science, math and other subjects.



In the final installment of this Saturday morning feature, we move on to grammar. I swear to you I would sing Conjunction Junction just because I loved it, not because it was so useful. It would calm me down when I needed to, and made me smile.

Conjunction Junction




Interjections!




A Noun Is A Person, Place or Thing




Verb: That's What's Happening




Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla

4 comments:

  1. OMG- that totally brings back memories of Saturday morning when Miss Ginger was just a little girl!

    Funny, I don't remember the verb one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember every single one of these - and found myself singing along.

    LOVE these posts!!!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger, I know. They make me happy.

    David, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a trip down memory lane! Loved them all. I bought the DVD/CD collection, but made the mistake of loaning it out to someone and never got it back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails