Saturday, March 27, 2010

30 Minutes with Theo Tams

Theo Tams
theo tams

The video below will begin playing once it has completed loading.

Last Wednesday, and again this Wednesday night, Canadian singer Theo Tams performed live in Toronto at a space called The Supermarket. As the regulars here know, I am a big fan of Theo. In my humble opinion, he is clearly the most talented man to come out of the Idol franchise in North America. Obviously, fans of some of the others might disagree, but I think Theo has the voice, musicianship, and interpretive skills that are unmatched. So I am posting a video from the most recent show, and thought I would share them with my readers.

The video of Theo starts at about 02:30 and runs for 30 minutes. I've watched several times, and just love it. Theo plays Wait For You, his last single. Then he plays Broken, a song from an out-of-print EP he made in 2005, and one of my new favorite songs. Then comes a lovely version of Regina Spektor's Samson. Then there is These Clean Walls, an achingly beautiful new song written by Theo recently. That is followed by an Theo-tastic version of Lady GaGa's Bad Romance. Then comes the first single he co-wrote from his debut, Lazy Lovers. He ends with a cover of Missy Higgins' Where I Stood, a haunting version that actually brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it.

There is a commercial at the beginning, and then it goes to the concert. Once that is over, you can use the slider below the video to move to 02:30 and see Theo starting the show. Once you see Theo, you can click on the full screen button on the right below the video, sit back and enjoy.


Watch this show and more at SyncLive.com

You can order your copy of Give It All Away from Amazon here. It is an import, so it costs a more than usual, but I bought it and thought it is worth every penny. For my money, it is one of the best Idol debuts, certainly in North America, and possibly the world. Of course, your mileage might vary, but for me, Theo is the real deal. You can follow Theo on Twitter here. This morning on Twitter, Theo announced his next single will be Manhattan Blue! So, my Canadian friends, time to start making the requests to your favorite radio stations.

15 comments:

  1. I was turned on to him by you...& am very thankful. I agree with your assesment, that he is the best North American Idol product. I love his cover versions that really re-think the originals & I love his own work.

    I sorta ove all things Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of experiencing this show live in person, but it was so wonderful having a chance to relive it. Thank you for sharing this Howard. I definitely agree with your assessment that Theo is the most talented man to come out of the NA Idol franchise. He has a musicality and a way of interpreting songs that so many who have appeared on the show lack. Here is hoping that he gets the recognition he truly deserves as a singer, songwriter and musician.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen, Glad you love him like I do.

    Tams Fan, My pleasure to share, I am just grateful Theo is so willing to share his talent. As I have said, I just adore him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both, buddy, you and me both!! ;)

    We adore Theodore!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talent (and a cutie)! I had heard his name before, but I didn't know his story - and I hadn't heard his incredible voice until you brought it to us.

    The Gaga cover is genius. Who knew that song could be turned into a ballad?!?

    I'm going to follow him on Twitter now ...

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tams Fan, indeed, we do!

    David, I know! I'd be happy to import this one, and send some others back! And yes, it is nice to know 'GaGa makes a boy sweat' right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard of him before and I think he's bringing it. A great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anyway I can possibly get this on my iPod? I've been a huge fan of Theo's since Idol, and I can't thank you enough for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonder Man, I agree, he is really bringing it these days!

    Rachel, I wish there was a way to get the whole thing, or even clips, but the video is protected, so I am just happy I can watch and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I figured. That's too bad. Since Idol, I've continued to wish that I was able to get his performances on my iPod. That would be so great :) But even being able to watch it on here is fantastic.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. he's fantastic Howard!!! and he was discovered because of Idol?! wow...you don't find talent like that very often....love "Wait For You"...I hope we get to hear lots more from him. Thanks for the heads up Howard!!! you always bring us the best music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for bring Theo to my attention Howard! Love his music and he ain't bad on the eyes either. And anyone who were's scrafs is alright in my book! He has some real talent there. More.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth, he is great. I am mad about his album. I might be making a trip to Canada just to see him.

    Maddie, you are welcome. What little chatting I have done with him online, he also seems like a great guy, too. I look forward to bringing more of his music to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember everyone, he is doing another show TONIGHT at the Supermarket in Toronto. It would be great to see you all out there if you can make it. If not, there will be a live Webcam on the Supermarket site.
    Hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WTF! If he won Canadian Idol the same year as Kris Allen on AI then something is seriously wrong with the musical tastes of the American public! I mean you can say it's not fair to compare as he is classically trained but that innate gift to interpret songs just can't be taught!

    It's no wonder there is no more CI. Theo just plain shut it down!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails