Wednesday, June 9, 2010

REPOST - Birth of a Blog

This was originally posted on June 9, 2009, and was the first post on Soundtrack to my Day. One year ago, this blog began the journey, one I must say I had no clue about.

So many people I know have blogs, and have been telling me to do one, too. I am still not sure that I am interesting enough to blog, but thought I would give it a shot. So what the hell am I going to say on this blog? I think I just might be finding that out as I go along, since I am, as usual, without a freakin’ clue.

What I do know is that I love music, and will most likely be focusing on the music I do like. I sit at my desk at work, sporting the ear buds and programming the soundtrack to my day on my iPod.

%%%%%%%%%%
June 9, 2010

So that was a year ago, and I had no idea what I was getting into. No clue. But it has been an exceptional year in many ways. I have met so many great people, and shared so much of the music I love. With the help and encouragement of other bloggers, I have manged to make improvements to it, understand a bit more of what I was doing, and was nominated for an award. And with the help of everyone, manged to win, which left me near speechless, an amazing accomplishment for anyone who reads me regularly. I didn't know if anyone would care to read what I had to say, and now, a year later, with over 160,000 hits, I don't know if I could adequately express my gratitude to you all. All I can say is thank you. And a extra special thanks to David, Tranny-Beth, and Wonderman.

H

6 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Howard!
    I've enjoyed your journey, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have achieved so much in one short year. I am so proud of you!!

    Happy Blogiversary, my dear.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you started and how amazed you were about the # of hits you had and how it was growing - I think you surprised yourself.

    For me - I found a fellow blogger who loved the same music as I and probably who has the same collection and the same love for the 80's new wave scene.

    Now - you've won an award and you are a huge part of bringing fellow gay musicians into the limelight - ROCK ON DUDE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails