Friday, November 27, 2009

Worth Another Listen - Sade part 3 of 3

Sade

This is the last installment in my appreciation of the great Sade. As I said before, Sade has been long overdue on the blog. The group consists of singer Sade Adu, guitarist and sax player Stuart Matthewman, bassist Paul Spencer Denman, and keyboardist Andrew Hale. In 1984, Diamond Life, Promise and Stronger Than Pride releases. Next came the 1992 release, Love Deluxe. Eight years after the first album, Sade was still selling, earning a #3 on the US Billboard Top 200 album charts.

Sade

The first single was No Ordinary Love, and it went on to win the Grammy for Best R & B Performance by a Duo or Group. The video is exotic and exquisite.



The third single off the album was Kiss of Life, which scored a Top 10 on the US charts. On the song, the group put their own particular spin on a pop rhythm, and allow Adu to soar with the vocals.



By Your Side was the first single off the 2000 release Lovers Rock. It is just a beautiful love song.



So there ends my Sade journey. I could have listed more songs, but I picked 10 really great songs. For more information about Sade, I check out the previous installments in the series. I am looking forward to the release of Soldier of Love on February 8, 2010. You can also check out the official website here.

3 comments:

  1. Im really looking forward to the new album and hopefully seeing them in concert again

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I, too, am looking forward to the new album. Hope I get a chance to see them live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Sade and all her albums are great - particularly Diamond Life.
    No Ordinary Love was one of those songs that featured everywhere that year - from movies (Indecent Proposal) to TV Shows - I think the song rebounded into the Top 40 back then. I always thought it should of done better in the US but it just bearly cracked the Top 40!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails