Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Music - The Mary Onettes



The Mary Onettes are an indie pop band from Sweden, whose sound owed more to the new wave bands of the 80s, but with the twist of the supremely polished sound coming out of Sweden these days. A nod need go to @XOLondon on this one, for I hadn't heard of the Mary Onettes until I read about them in a tweet. The Mary Onettes are Philip Ekström, Petter Agurén, Simon Fransson and Henrik Ekström. The sound is very Prefab Sprout meets Echo & The Bunnymen meets Terry Hall. The lyrics are quite nice, a hallmark of my Terry Hall obsession.



The official site for The Mary Onettes can be found here. Also, for some interesting and smart thoughts on music, you can try XOLondon's site, XO's Middle Eight, here.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this band. So ambient and moody - I have been meaning to write about them. And thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xolondon, thanks for stopping by. I really like them too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails