Monday, November 16, 2009

Worth Another Listen - Alison Moyet

alison moyet
alison moyet
alison moyet alison moyet

I was watching Graham Norton Saturday night [yes, I lead such a glamorous life] and on came Alison Moyet, looking rather sharp. I have loved her voice for so long - since she was in the band Yaz [Yazoo for th0se outside the US], her voice wailing on some remarkable songs. She went on to Graham's show to promote the release of a new greatest hits collection. She was rather amusing during the chat part, and sang All Cried Out for the musical portion. I love that song.



Her first solo project after Yaz was a wonderful album named Alf in 1984. The second single was All Cried Out, but her first single was Love Resurrection. Both went top 10 in the UK singles chart, and Resurrection made it into the US top 100, hitting #82. But it is one of the many favorites I have, with my enduring love for Alison.



Alison continued to put out albums over the next decade, and in 1985 put out Singles, a greatest hits collection. It included a cover of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, with was a thrilling and interesting take on a classic. It was previously unreleased. The richness of her voice is just mesmerizing to me.



To find more about what Alison Moyet is up to, visit her website here. If, like me, you have to have her latest, you can find it here.

5 comments:

  1. Seeing her in concert (as part of the Yaz reunion tour) was one of the highlights of my life. Alison could very possibly be my favorite singer ever. And All Cried Out and Love Resurrection are absolute classics.

    Great post.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to see her on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. David D, She does have an amazing voice. the songs are amazing.

    David, Enjoy! I would love to go see her! Too bad there is an ocean in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen Alison on the isle of wight singing alongside jools holland. It was the best thing ever to happen on this island. She was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing voice and what wonderful songs specially 'only you' and 'is this love'

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails