Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Day of Remembrance

quilt,1989
quilt,1989 quilt,1989
quilt,1989 quilt,1989
quilt,1989

Every year, December 1st is World AIDS day, focusing the attentions of the world to the pandemic that has still exists worldwide. It is also a time to remember those that have been lost to the disease. It is something I do more than once a year, I can tell you that. There were many friends that have been affected.

Last year, I spoke of the time I went to see the Names Project Quilt, and the effect it had on me. You can see it here. This year, I would like to do something different, more simple. As I remember my friends, I will listen to The Communards, with lead singer Jimmy Somerville, as they perform the gorgeous song For A Friend.



Remember.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a piece of the quilt in college, it was very touching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Man, I was moved to tears. Literally.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails