Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Very Special Christmas

Album Cover - A Very Special Christmas

The album was released in 1987, and had some of the biggest performers of the day contributing their talents to raise money for the Special Olympics. There were 15 cuts on the album, and few had an official video produced. However, I managed to find a video of each one, from 'official' to to live to fan-made, and will share them all with you tonight. I would imagine this post is going to be way too long, but I just couldn't really leave anyone out. So here are all 15 tracks from the album, in order.

The Pointer Sisters - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town



The Eurythmics - Winter Wonderland



Whitney Houston - Do You Hear What I Hear?



Bruce Springsteen - Merry Christmas Baby



The Pretenders
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas



John Cougar Mellencamp
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus



Sting - Gabriel's Message



Run-DMC - Christmas In Hollis



U2 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)



Madonna - Santa Baby



Bob Seeger & the Silver Bullet Band
The Little Drummer Boy



Bryan Adams - Run Rudolph Run



Bon Jovi - Back Door Santa



Alison Moyet - Coventry Carol



Stevie Nicks - Silent Night



Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I may borrow some of these for my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Man, borrow away, my friend! Great music should be heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This album and its' companions are in our playlist. Great holiday fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, very true. Can't do Christmas without them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails