Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Music - Burl Ives

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer photo rudolph_001_zps3034c3cc.jpg
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer photo rudolph_002_zps07d2186d.jpg

There are certain voices that just remind me of the season, and Burl Ives is one of them. Could be I spent years watching the stop-motion television special every December. The show debuted in 1964, and the show charmed me from the beginning. I was enthralled, and when it comes on now, I still can't help but get sucked in.

Silver and Gold


Holly Jolly Christmas


Fame and Fortune


rudolph the red nosed reindeer

3 comments:

  1. The best holiday special ever! My entire tree is done in these characters. I've listened to the CD soundtrack several times this year. And tonight, I plan to watch the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a warm, nostalgic feeling listening to Burl Ives. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micael, I saw the pics of you fabulous tree, and thought you'd enjoy this post.

    Joy, like a wonderful bowl of soup!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails