Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Music - Alvin & The Chipmunks




Alvin & the Chipmunks first appeared in 1958, quite possibly the first American boy band to hit the big time. At first they were a novelty act, covering the odd songs for children's recordings, but soon grew into more of a business. They had their own cartoon series, and toured in a live version of the show, utilizing puppets. They were lead by Dave Seville, their adoptive father, chief songwriter, and defacto manager for the 'boys.' I remember watching them with glee whenever I could. Their Christmas song, Christmas Don't Be Late, certainly brings back plenty of memories.




And while this might not bring back memories so much as other thoughts, here is Reece Rideout singing All I Want For Christmas.


7 comments:

  1. They are fun to listen to, and I remember the Cartoon and Dave yelling "ALVIN".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second vid made my eyes b-u-r-n!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I like Alvin & the Chipmunks too. I remember those old time when I was watching them every Saturday morning. It's a pity that many people have forgotten that they used to be quite popular. Thanks for remembering.

    Regards,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. SteveA, yes, I remember it too!

    Larry, I hear you. But it made me giggle.

    Ella, thank you for your kind words. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I believe the second video really captures the true essense of the holiday season.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Alvin and the Chipmonks. Always have. I still have their action figures right here near my desk.
    You may still want a hulahoop, but I love that Simon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, I knew you'd love that one!

    Stan, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails