Monday, July 20, 2009

Anniversary - Moon River



Forty years ago, two American astronauts took part in the first walk on the moon, something that was telecast across the world. I remember being a 9-year-old kid sitting in front of the color television, although the pictures were in black & white. The entire family was watching, marveling at the act as a combination of American ingenuity and bravery. So amazing! It was certainly a time of national pride, the country coming together - conspiracy theories about almost everything came much later.

Daniel Cartier

To commemorate the event, I choose to listen to Daniel Cartier's version of Moon River. I love this song, and Daniel's rendition is fantastic. It is simple, warm and heartfelt. Couldn't ask for more.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Daniel. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moon River is one of my FAVORITE songs of all time. It makes me feel so happy and calm all at the same time. Daniel's play here is pretty good I must say, but my favorite is still Henri Mancini's version from Breaksfast at Tiffany's. But this is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven, I am a huge Daniel Cartier fan, and did a post on him a bit ago.
    http://soundtracktomyday.blogspot.com/2009/07/great-music-daniel-cartier.html

    Maddie, I love the song, too. The original is rather special, but I also love Daniel's approach to it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails