Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Morning with J.R. Richards

JR Richards
jr richards,dishwalla,a beautiful end

With a voice that can break my heart, J.R. Richards is one of those str8 boys I find myself unable to not follow. I discovered him when he was singing lead for the band Dishwalla, a Southern California rock band with a distinctive sound. I found them early on, during the Pet Your Friends time, with songs as varied as Counting Blue Cars and Charlie Brown's Parents. The amazingly clear tone of his voice could handle the subtleties of pop, while talking on the aggression of rock. Yes, he is also easy on the eyes, but I am telling you, I hear that voice, close my eyes and transport.

jr richards,a beautiful end

In 2009 he struck out on his own with a solo venture, a gorgeous album called A Beautiful End. I love it, and in fact, reviewed it on the blog. One of many great songs on the album is Far End of the Black, and here he is performing it live in a radio station about a year ago.



In a separate performance also from last June, Richards takes on a song he co-wrote and sang while with Dishwalla. Opaline is a great song, and custom-made for that incredible voice of his.



For more about this talented man, check out his official website here.

6 comments:

  1. I am not usually a huge rock fan but for some reason I like is music. And he isn't bad on the eyes either is he!!! I saw a band last night in New Hope and thought of you. Another rock band, Bonehead. They were pretty good and got a wonderful crowd.I was thinking "I wonder if Howard heard of them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh what a whole lot of talent you bring to the wider public attention. I really like these two songs, I'll have to check some more out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie, I love his music, it is incredible. I think you would love his album. And, yes, he is gorgeous.

    Jason, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree, his voice is amazing! The best ever, and the music.... Definitely want to see his performance alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the words you've said here... And I couldn't agree more: "I hear that voice, close my eyes and transport." I feel exactly this way when I listen to it.

    Dishwalla was great. Their songs are unforgettable. And J.R. Richards is amazing with his special voice.

    Kisses from Brazil,

    Claudia Pinelli.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, I totally agree!

    Claudia, thanks for stopping by, and I have to agree, an incredible talent. Love him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails