Saturday, May 29, 2010

No Doctor Who Tonight - the 11 Doctors

doctor who,eleven doctors
(Top) L-R: William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker
(Middle) L-R: Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy
(Bottom) L-R: Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith

There is no new Doctor Who scheduled for this evening, but it will be retuning next Saturday night, June 5th, with a new episode. So, to amuse myself and hopefully a few of the readers, I thought I would remind everyone of the history of Doctors and the actors who have played him throughout time. I have been a fan for some time, perhaps longer than I care to admit, despite the fact that I shall admit it.
  1. First Doctor, William Hartnell, 1963–1966
  2. Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton, 1966–1969
  3. Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, 1970–1974
  4. Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, 1974–1981
  5. Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, 1981–1984
  6. Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, 1984–1986
  7. Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, 1987–1989, 1996
  8. Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann, 1996
  9. Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, 2005
  10. Tenth Doctor, David Tennant, 2005–2010
  11. Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, 2010
My first memory of watching Doctor Who was Jon Pertwee, who held the role from 1970-74. I would watch the show with my Mother, who would watch it all the time. Now, she doesn't really have any interest in watching it, but I still do!



My favorite Doctor is most likely Christopher Eccleston, who I thought was smart, handsome and kinda moody, which I really liked. I also had a fondness for the quirkiness of Tom Baker, the dashing Peter Davison, and the striking Paul McGann. Thus far, I have really enjoyed what Matt Smith is doing with the role. And if being to give a list like that doesn't qualify me for supreme geekdom, I don't know what would.

3 comments:

  1. Matt is great in this role and he's cute to watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Man, I agree! I am loving Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Christopher Eccleston, I wish he could have had a couple more season. Of course I wish Tennant had a couple more also :) I'm really enjoying Matt, partly I think because he's not quite as good looking as Tennant, rather he has a unique and expressive face.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails