(Top) L-R: William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker
(Middle) L-R: Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy
(Bottom) L-R: Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith
There is no new Doctor Who scheduled for this evening, but it will be retuning next Saturday night, June 5th, with a new episode. So, to amuse myself and hopefully a few of the readers, I thought I would remind everyone of the history of Doctors and the actors who have played him throughout time. I have been a fan for some time, perhaps longer than I care to admit, despite the fact that I shall admit it.
- First Doctor, William Hartnell, 1963–1966
- Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton, 1966–1969
- Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, 1970–1974
- Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, 1974–1981
- Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, 1981–1984
- Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, 1984–1986
- Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, 1987–1989, 1996
- Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann, 1996
- Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, 2005
- Tenth Doctor, David Tennant, 2005–2010
- Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, 2010
My favorite Doctor is most likely Christopher Eccleston, who I thought was smart, handsome and kinda moody, which I really liked. I also had a fondness for the quirkiness of Tom Baker, the dashing Peter Davison, and the striking Paul McGann. Thus far, I have really enjoyed what Matt Smith is doing with the role. And if being to give a list like that doesn't qualify me for supreme geekdom, I don't know what would.