Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Morning with Christophe Willem

christophe willem,nouvelle star,2006
christophe willem,nouvelle star,2006

In 2006, this amazingly talented Frenchman won the televised competition Nouvelle Star, the French version of Pop Idol. For me, he is the quintessential French artist, oozing with quirk and even more talent, delivering unexpected performances. I happened across this video on YouTube, and was just enchanted with him. Here he is with the first single off his debut, Sunny.



That first album sold like crazy, going double platinum in sales in France. To tell the truth, I know little about the man, or, really, I got nothing. But once I had discovered his video, I checked out a bit more, and discovered while he was on Nouvelle Star, he did this amazing performance of I Will Always Love You, the Whitney Houston standard.



At the end of last year, Christophe released his sophomore effort, Caféine. I have never heard complete albums, but if his videos are any indication, he combines some jazz-influenced pop with some fun dance stuff. But this morning, I am sticking with the pop. The latest single from his second album is Entre Nous et Le Sol, which can be translated to mean Between Us and the Ground.



For more on Christophe Willem, check out his website, which is in entirely in French.

2 comments:

  1. Howard, I saw that you added yourself as a FOLLOWER to my blog MY BIG ITCH. Nice, thanks for coming and reading what I have to write. Its very different from yours and other blogs. I hope it helps you in some small way to read what I write as much as the big way it helps me to write it. Did that make sense? LOL Thanks again, Oh, and I've added myself to yours. Love the look and will check in on you regularly. Please do the same with me, and I hope you don't get sick of hearing about all my shit with Jess.

    Steve (www.mybigitch.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Itch, welcome here, and hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails