Friday, May 21, 2010

Meet Justin Utley

justin utley
justin utley

I am not quite sure what took me so long to chat about Justin Utley. I am a fan, having first found his music on MySpace a couple of years ago. First, he is a good-looking built man. Second, he is an out and proud man who hails from Salt Lake City, a former Mormon, who now makes his home in New York City. Well, rather than me giving the background, Justin is far more qualified, so here is Justin to introduce himself.



Aside from being handsome, he is also a talented singer/songwriter. Shortly after finding him, I purchased his album Runaway. I think of his music as pop and rock with a hint of country. But modern Country and rock are very similar at this point. This is a video of Justin performing an acoustic version of the title track from the album.



I would like to hear more music from Utley, and look forward to catching it soon. His songs tend to be smart and personal, a great combination. To find out more about Justin, you can check him out on MySpace here, or FaceBook here. He has a website here, but at the moment, it is under construction. I hope that is in preparation for a new release soon. You can find his Runaway album on iTunes here. I also wouldn't mind catching his live show, I bet he is great.

justin utley
justin utley

5 comments:

  1. Mr. Utley has been on my list of possible people to interview for awhile - and after reading your interesting post on him, Howard, I'm moving him to the top of the list. Have a groovy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to close my eyes while replaying the clips. I was distracted by his TOTAL HOTNESS. A-hem. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep Dish, perfect! I'd look forward to reading the interview!

    Behr, I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Howard,

    On behalf of Justin Utley, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post this blog. Getting Justin's music out to new people is something that we are trying to achieve everday.

    I work closely with Justin and you can find me at www.krausnotes.com.

    Thank you again,
    lk

    ReplyDelete
  5. LK, you are welcome. I do enjoy Justin's music, and look forward to hearing what he has coming up next. If there is anything new I might have missed,shoot me an email and I would be happy to report it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails