Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Garrin Benfield for Matthew Shepard

Garrin Benfield
matthew shepard

What You're Hiding is a song written and performed by San Francisco-based singer/songwriter Garrin Benfield. The first time I heard it, I was so moved, I didn't know what way to turn. It brought me to both sorrow and anger, much like what I first heard of the crime itself. Benfield not only takes on Matthew's murder, but also the sick bastards that protested at his funeral. Years later, I am still moved by it. When I started this blog, I knew right away this song would be revived every year on the anniversary of Shepard's death, so hear it is.



I will be seeing Garrin Benfield live in December, something I have been looking forward to for several years, since I first heard his amazing music. For more about Garrin, check out his website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails