Friday, June 24, 2011

Gregory Douglass - Cover Art



I have been enjoying Gregory Douglass' Cover Art project. In fact, I have been enjoying it so much, I have been keeping it for myself lately. But that needs to change, and I need to share it with you all. Gregory describes the project as "where cover songs and visual art play nicely together." I've already posted two of his entries, his cover of Britney's Toxic here and of Adele's Set Fire To The Rain here.

Cover Art - Dog Days Are Over

The latest video entry for the project, Gregory tackles Florence + the Machine with their big song, Dog Days Are Over. After several years of following Gregory's talent, I don't know why I am still surprised by anything he does, yet somehow, he manages. His cover of the song is brash and bold, and so very Gregory. I love it. But then again, I love most of what Gregory does. Check this out, it is fantastic.



You can purchase the single on iTunes here, Amazon.com here, and on CD Baby here.

Cover Art - Teenage Dream

Gregory's rendition of Katy Perry Teenage Dream is not nearly as urgent and screechy as the original, and much smoother and more seductive than the GLEE version. His dreamy cover is accompanied by video and painted art done by Gregory himself.



You can purchase the single on iTunes here, Amazon.com here, and on CD Baby here.

Cover Art - Hallelujah

Gregory also offered up a beautiful version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. I will admit it is not the first time I've heard Gregory sing the song, and yet it moves me every time I do. I first heard it a couple of years ago, produced by SYD, who, as of late, is part of the band Hotels & Highways whose music I am quite enjoying. Here three more I am sharing with you.



You can purchase the single on iTunes here, Amazon.com here, and on CD Baby here. You can find his latest album, Lucid, on iTunes here, on Amazon.com here, and on CD Baby here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails