Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life Can Be A Blur

blogging
blogging

Recently, I was coming to grips with the prospect of needing new glasses, as the world was getting a little softer, a bit fuzzier lately. It's been about three years since my last checkup and new prescription, so it was time. But I was procrastinating, as it is such a dreadful experience for me most of the time. The reason I need glasses is that my vision sucks. To be trying out new frames, well, I can't see crap. So I end up listening to the sales person, and they are trying to sell me the latest trend, and I often go along with it, since I am annoyed and want to get it over with.

So last Thursday, I was cleaning the lens, and the metal frame broke on my left lens, and I was truly agitated. I was left to look around for my old pair, while I am somewhat blind. It took me a while, but I found them, and I put them on. That prescription is about 6 or 7 years old, and I am having a rather exciting time with them. Close is not an option. Ugh. So I called up the optometrist, hoping for a quick appointment. Well, no dice there. My appointment is this afternoon, five days later. With a pair of old glasses that are giving me headaches, unable to spend too much time up close, like on the computer. I am really unimpressed.

So, I thought about the frame issue, and am thinking of getting glasses I really want, as opposed to listening to the staff.

blogging
blogging

You never know what I will end up ordering, or how ill-tempered I might be, but such is the state of my life. After all, it will most likely be at least a week before I get glasses with the right prescription. So I will more than likely be asking the immortal question, When Will I See You Again? Only I will mean it in focus, not the way the Three Degrees meant it...

6 comments:

  1. Hope you find some cute frames. There's a lot out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh joy, what fun you've had lately. It makes me wonder what I have to look forward to. I've started having trouble reading text below a certain size, so I know I'm going to have to see an eye doctor soon. Never needed glasses before, but just about everyone in my family has at some point, so it's pretty-much inevitable. But at least it's not my hearing that's going ... can't imagine not being able to hear music anymore. Oh well, life goes on ... I hope it all turns out to your satisfaction.

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give yourself headaches in the meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder Man, thank you. I am leaving shortly for my appointment.

    Tom, indeed, I am happy to still have my hearing in full. Got too much music to listen to!

    Cubby, I will try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your new frames. Hope you get some great ones!! The cool, funky ones always look super dorky on me, so I can sympathize.

    In the meantime, the Glass Tiger lover in me would like to send you a dedication...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLrd2sQUd4

    (I'd duck to avoid what you might throw at me, but you probably couldn't see me to hit me right now anyway.)

    Love ya!!!

    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the dedication - you know I loves me some Glass Tiger!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails