Tuesday, September 21, 2010

GLEE - Audition - Real Soundtrack

glee,season 2

Well, the debut of GLEE is finally here, and it reminded me how much I missed it. In case you missed it, here is the preview for the second season.



There are a thousand sites (at least) that will be recapping the show, so I thought I would try something different. I am thinking I will be offering up the original songs the kids will be covering on the show. The first song was the kids offering up a version of Jay-Z & Alicia Keys singing Empire State of Mind.



If only briefly, new cast member Chord Overstreet, playing football player Sam Evans, sings Poison's Every Rose Has It's Thorn in the shower with Finn overhearing.



Rachel is in the ladies room and overhears a exchange student Sunshine, played by Charice, singing Lady GaGa's duet with Beyoncé, and her competitive nature kicks in as they sing Telephone. OK, the following isn't really Lady GaGa, but it made me laugh.



Sam Evans comes in to sing with the boys at Finn's insistence, and he breaks out the guitar and performs Travie McCoy's Billionaire, featuring Artie instead of Bruno Mars.



Sunshine comes in for an audition, after Rachel sent her to a crack house, and performs Listen from Dreamgirls. All I can say is Beyoncé should be checking Charice's version out!



Rachel is called on her antics by Finn, who tells her to apologize. Before she can face the kids in the choir, she takes a moment by herself to sing What I Did For Love from A Chorus Line. The version below is by Alyson Reed the movie version - I couldn't find a good version by Priscilla Lopez from the Original Broadway Cast.



So, that is the soundtrack for the Season 2 premiere, the duly named Audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails