Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Special - Donna Summer

Photobucket
Photobucket

This is Labor Day Weekend, a national holiday in the US to give appreciation for the working men and women. Earlier today I posted a slightly more political side of things, with Billy Bragg. Now, in our celebration of the working people, I give you Donna Summer's 1983 classic She Works Hard For The Money. Actually, it celebrates the workers of the fairer sex, at a time when equal pay for equal work was certainly not the order of the day. Here is Donna making a statement of her own.

5 comments:

  1. This is the song that introduced me to Donna Summer. Such a gret artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I was a great song! Still is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song - I was rooting for this to hit #1 but I think it made it to #3. Rock on and happy labour day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to copy the dance moves from the last part of this video

    ReplyDelete
  5. SteveA, thanks!

    Wonder Man, Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails