Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Morning with Mandy Patinkin

mandy patinkin mandy patinkin

I first became aware of Mandy Patinkin's amazing voice when I listened to the Original Broadway Cast album for Evita. By the time I saw him in Sunday In The Park With George, I was buying his album, and ready to run off with him forever, as long as he would sing to me. So I thought I would offer up a couple of Mandy tunes to make your Sunday just a little bit prettier than before. In the first clip, Mandy delivers a gorgeous song in under two minutes, and still gives me goosebumps. Here is I'm Always Chasing Rainbows.



In the second selection, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Mandy hits notes very few men can even attempt, and delivers this classic with a such beauty and emotion, I could almost cry.



Hope your Sunday is relaxing and quiet. For more about Mandy, check out his official website here.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for including the Yentl picture...I still drool over Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him too! So cute and a great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert, What's not to love? Gorgeous voice, and so nice to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't believe it, but I only watched "The Princess Bride" last week (oh, the wasted years!)... 20 minutes into the film Inigo Montoya won my heart forever; one day after that I became Mandy Patinkin's fan, too:) I'm not keen on tenor voices, but this one is irresistable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgonica, I would believe it! That was an amazing role for a talented man. And his voice is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, sorry, irresistible, of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgonica, oops, sorry, I was agreeing with you, not trying to correct you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It had double effect, then:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails