Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Special - Billy Bragg

billy bragg
billy bragg

I remember going to see Billy play live 25 years ago, on more than one occasion, loving his music and, admittedly, having a bit of a crush on him. His music was split between the politically active and the amazingly personal. Whatever he sang, it came from the heart, in the tradition of great folk music. And in the in the spirit of great folk music, I offer a clip of Billy singing this great tribute to the working man. Here is Power In The Union.



Bragg has been an outspoken opponent of fascism, racism, bigotry, sexism and homophobia. I still love Billy, including his latest album, 2008's Mr. Love & Justice. For more on Billy, check out his official website here.

7 comments:

  1. Wonder Man, he has kept me interested for 25 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Bragg! I also spent quite some cash in visiting his concerts in my youth. Definitely an amazing artist, I so loved his one-man shows back in the late 80's. Impressing indeed!

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... it has been a long time since I have heard any of his stuff... can't wait to catch up to my music in Omaha and listen to Billy again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, I spent some of my 80s cash on Billy as well!

    Big Mark, well worth catching up with Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to get into his music- that might be inspiration to do so now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SteveA, I really love his music. Especially fond of the early stuff - Talking To The Taxman About Poetry and Workers Playtime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails