Friday, August 28, 2009

Worth Another Listen - The Undertones




God, I loved The Undertones. Hitting the airwaves in the late 70s and hitting their stride in 1980, The Undertones were everything I though Punk music should be about. They were raw, bold, brash, not pretty, taking the best of the 60s rock bands and bringing a drive and beat matched with testosterone. The put out four albums before giving up the ghost in 1983.



Here is another 'live' performance on British television of Here Comes The Summer.

2 comments:

  1. I remember "Teenage Kick," but haven't heard it in years! I've got it on a compilation disc somewhere...wow, this brings back college days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this band beyond belief- thanks so much for the reminder of music that I need to put back on my rotation list

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails