Sunday, August 16, 2009

Great Television - Six Feet Under

six feet under
From L to R: Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Michael C. Hall, Mattew St.Patrick, Peter Krause, Rachel Griffiths, Freddy Rodriguez and James Cromwell.

On August 21, 2005, Six Feet Under aired the series finale, and the final 10 minutes of the show were, for me, the best 10 minutes of television ever, and certainly the best series finale I have ever seen.

six feet under six feet under

Six Feet Under was an HBO series created by Alan Ball which aired the premiere June 3, 2001. It starred a stellar cast which included Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Freddy Rodriguez, Matthew St. Patrick and Rachel Griffiths. The show was quirky at heart, being the story of a family-run funeral home, and seeing them tackle their demons. While there were plenty of pretty to go around on this show, nothing was quite as lovely as the couple of David & Keith, played by Michael C. Hall and Matthew St. Patrick.

six feet under six feet under
six feet under

In the last 10 minutes of the series finale, the showed follows through on the lives and death of the lead characters for the next 80 years. The montage is set to the song Breathe Me by Sia as Claire drives cross country to a new job.



It never fails to make me cry, even now as I write this post.

six feet under

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you reminded me of that finale! That show was great, and I watched it every week. That finale was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard, Stan had never seen the series so I bought the whole thing about ten months ago so Stan could see it. He absolutely loved it. So many ups and downs, so many twists and turns. We both cried for the last ten minutes as you did. A great series with a terrific cast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ending... It never cease to move me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, it was just amazing.

    Kyle, Yay for you and Stan for watching it. Worth it!

    Wonder Man, I still cry at the damn YouTube posting. LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails