Thursday, August 6, 2009

Photographs & Memories Part 2

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Me; Kathy, Me & Billy; Mom, Me & Billy.
Me with Dad Me at Christmas Me before the First Communion
Me & Dad; Me at Christmas; Me on the stoop.

OK, so I mentioned that I had been going thru some family photographs recently, all in an effort to put something together for the 50th anniversary of my parents. Needless to say, I found some old pictures of myself. That is kinda horrifying. No, not because I think I look like Quasimodo or something, more like how much I had forgotten. Including that I had blond hair at some point.

Photobucket Photobucket
Kathy, Me, James & Bill; Me and Kim.

So I was born and lived the first 9 years in a suburb of Philadelphia, so all those pictures are from the 60s. You know, I remember the days RFK and MLK were shot. Just saying, since some reading this might not be able to say that. [rolling my eyes]. But I remember hearing about it when I was visiting a friend named Isaac. We were sad. Hell, I was 8, it was kinda scary.

Photobucket Photobucket
Mom & Dad with me in utero; Me in front, with Tim, Kathy & Billy.

I sometimes can't believe the clothes that I wore. I mean, that's me up there, with the freakin' bow tie! And me below here, the the overalls with one strap undone. Hell, I was only a teenager there, so I just don't get it. And way down there, did I really cut off the sleeves? I am basically a 'jeans 'n t-shirt' kinda guy, yet I managed to hit some of the odder fads.

Photobucket Photobucket HRS Pics
A variety of hairstyles for me.
HRS Pics Bo Derek, watch out Photobucket
My hair looks great here; braids from vacation; the late 80s.
Me & Rampenlichten Photobucket Photobucket
Early 80s; late 70s; the RI shore is windy.

So, the pictures on this particular post represent almost 5 decades of a life. Countless lengths, styles and colors of hair [I think I was lucky enough to escape pictures when the hair was red with the henna products, let alone when the blond streaks were added], the clothes [mine mainly, but do you see the outfits others are wearing up top here?], sometimes contacts, sometimes glasses, and life in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York City, Rhodes Island, Vermont, and back to Delaware. I also noticed that I was able to avoid the camera when I was shopping in the Sears Husky department. My mama didn't raise no fool.

9 comments:

  1. I'll be 47 this months, so I feel your pain. LOL We all went through our share of bad hair and fashion phases. That's part of our shared experience and fun! XO Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic of you sitting at the kitchen table, holding the drink, wearing your hair long... H-O-T!!

    You are fortunate to have pics from your childhood. You look very happy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I turned 49 this year, so we do journey in a similar time and fad-frame. LOL

    Larry, thank you, you are too kind. And I am fortunate to have found many of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard what great memories you have there. And your parents will love the gift! Don't you just love when you come across pictures from years ago? And your like -I wore that? Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howard, I think I have the same bow-tie, and suit jacket.
    Lovely trip down memories of hair lane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you were very fashion-forward with the overalls -- you beat Dexys Midnight Runners by 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wonderful smile hasn't changed one bit.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    David, you are far too kind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails