Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Worth Another Listen - Belouis Some




Belouis Some was an interesting looking man with quite the style and voice. I really dug him, although here in the States he kinda disappeared. Another of the seemingly endless stream of British New Wave artists to hit the American charts, I remember the song Imagination as one I would play over and over, his voice filled with interesting nuance and phrasing.



There was also the slightly less interesting Some People, filled with as much double entendre as it was with the emotional wallop of Imagination. But I did enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi - I am surprised you remembered Belouis Some - our tastes are the same in music. I loved both of his songs - they were minor hits in the US (well below 50) but Top 40 in the U.K. I remember that I loved his hair - it was sexy!
    Great post - love that you remember this artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like him...he reminds me of someone else in the 80's...but dang I can't remember his name..RICK ASTLEY or something like that? does that sound familiar???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played my Belouis Some cassette til it unraveled into a tangled mess of ribbon. I've been able to get a couple of his songs ("Imagination", "Some People" on compilation CDs, but I still miss that whole album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SteveA - I remember Belouis well - some of his music still resides on my iPod.

    Beth - Rick Astley is an actual 80s guy [I love], but not sure if I would compare the two. Thought he was very much himself.

    Kari, I hear you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails