Friday, August 14, 2009

New Music - Brian Glenn - Original Intent

Brian Glenn
Brian Glenn Brian Glenn Brian Glenn

Well, newish music. Hell, it's new to me. So it came out in 2007, I just bought the Original Intent by Country singer Brian Glenn. Yep, you read that right, Country singer. And did I mention he was openly gay? And pretty damn good looking? I first ran across this talented man about five years ago when I read he was part of a 'new' reality show looking for the first gay superstar. That show, American Pride, also had another guy named Matt Alber. I don't believe the show ever happened, and I looked and looked for more music, but couldn't find it, just that he was playing bass for Marty Stuart's band, and singing backup. He had a song that ran for the preshow press called The Whole World Is Falling In Love and I just loved it.

Brian Glenn Brian Glenn Brian Glenn
Brian Glenn

Brian has worked with most of the big names in Country music, and all credit him for excellent skills as both a musician and a singer. On first listen to the CD Original Intent, I'd say the kudos are well deserved. I love several of the songs, including my 'first love' The Whole World Is Falling In Love. My Nitch, By Love I Mean You, Close The Door, Dues Paying Time, From The Top Down... OK, that is 6 outta 12 songs, if that tells you how much I like this CD. The songs vary from a bluesy style to more of a pop-driven Country. Trying not to sound like a broken record, but I am not a huge Country fan [but I do seem to like a some, don't I?], but like good music, and this is definitely in that category.



I couldn't really find any videos but some promos for Brian, so that is what I am putting up here. The above features the song My Nitch. Below, you can see his main promotional video, with a medley of various songs. And in a point of interest, in an interview with Out & About newspaper, “I think that in regards to the country music industry people are a lot more accepting than they are often given credit for,” said Brian, who is completely out. “I hardly strike fear into the hearts of anyone who has any homophobic ideas and people pick up on that.” Works for me!



For more information about Brian Glenn, find his ReverbNation site here. You can also find pages for him on MySpace and FaceBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails