Saturday, August 6, 2011

When James Met Johnny

Johnny Cash & James Taylor

When I had done my post the other day on James Taylor, I came across this clip, and it just didn't suit the post. However, as I was thinking of the weekend, I thought it would do quite nicely. In 1971, not long after James had released Sweet Baby James, he appeared on the John Cash Show, and even did a bit of a duet with the man in black. They performed an exceedingly beautiful version of Oh, Susannah, which was a cut off the album.



Hope that was a pleasant way to bring in your Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. That gave me chills. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of these legends....1971 was such a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, you are welcome. Once I found it, I knew I had to get it on the blog some way or another. It was just too fantastic.

    SteveA, thanks. I love finding the pictures for the posts - that is at least half the fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails