Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainy Day/Evening

Rain

On the Eastern Coast, and specifically in the Mid-Atlantic States, we are getting hit with some rain - well, a whole bunch of rain, to be exact. Since that is happening now, I thought I would take some pictures, and make a theme out of it. So, there will be some shots I took today around the farm, liek the shot above, showing the rain where my sister's back yard used to be. There will also be a few rain-themed music videos. I will start off with a favorite of mine, Anthony Callea, singing Rain.



My brother is never one to pass up some fun, and I took this shot of him riding the 4x4 in the rain, through my sister's flooded yard.

Rain

Of course, there is the iconic song by the Everly Brothers, Crying In The Rain. Once I saw the clip of them in their Marine uniforms singing on the Ed Sullivan Show, I knew it needed to be included.



I also knew I wanted to include old favorites of mine, The Alarm. The had a hit with Rain In The Summertime in 1987. It is a wonderful song, one I really love.



So this afternoon, I tried to go out to take pictures when it wasn't raining too heavy, and here are som of the pictures I took.

Rain

And, finally, I thought I would end with Madonna singing Rain.



Hope your evening it warm and dry...

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! These pics are stunning and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cubby, thanks! It is funny, but I didn't think it was all so scary - it is funny what you get used to when you live at ground that is at sea level...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post....it was spontaneous and fun. Great shots of the plants. I particualarly like the one which looks like a river. Also love the music videos - cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice photos. Love going out in the rain, next time we have a big winter storm, I;ll head to the beach and take some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SteveA, thank you so much. Glad you are liking it.

    Jason, thanks. And do head out to the beach, I bet the shots will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails