Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Morning with Aretha Franklin II

aretha franklin

Back in 1987, Aretha Franklin released an incredible live gospel album, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. How did I know it was amazing? Well, I rushed out to buy it, and for years have listened to it. So I thought for this Sunday morning, I would have Miss Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, to ring in the day for a second time. I will start out with a song written by Gospel legend Clara Ward, Surely, God Is Able. This version was recorded when Miss Franklin performed the song in 1990 when Mr. Nelson Mandela visited Detroit.



The first time I posted Miss Franklin, it was a duet she did with the brilliant Mavis Staples. I could not resist a repeat performance, so here is the their uplifting version of Oh Happy Day.



And, finally, here is a version of the song written by Rev. Thomas A. Dorsey and Frank Frazier, Take My Hand, Precious Lord. It appeared on her 1972 Gospel album, Amazing Grace. This, however, is a performance from 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails