Friday, February 24, 2012

Party Graham •

The Graham Norton Show
Scooch The Proclaimers
Heloise & the Savoir Faire Mika
Graham Norton Show guests (Clockwise): Scooch, The Proclaimers, Mika, and Heloise & the Savoir Faire.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for a Friday night, and the thought occurred to me that I should do something I hadn't before, like maybe introducing new music, or different music. Well, I love watching the Graham Norton Show on BBC America, and I am often intrigued by the guests, especially the musical ones. They are some of the new names in British Pop, and I have to look some up. So I went off to do a little research, and found a list of Graham's guest, and just picked four musical guests from the Spring of 2007, and gave them this post. I will start off with someone I hadn't heard of, and that is doubly silly for they are a band out of Brooklyn, New York. Heloise & the Savoir Faire performed this song on February 22nd, and I can't really tell you the actual name of the song, just that it was pretty good!



For more about Heloise & Savoir Faire, check out the official website here. Scooch was the 2007 entry in the Eurovision Song Contest, and appeared on an episode of Graham's show. I couldn't find that, but I did find them singing the Eurovision Contest song, the hilarious Flying The Flag.



For more about Schooch, visit their official Facebook page here. The Proclaimers went on to the show to promote an appearance on Comic Relief, a charity fundraiser. The duo appeared on a video put together by comedian Matt Lucas and featuring some of Britain's biggest names, including the 10th Doctor, David Tennant. Here is 500 Miles.



For more about the Proclaimers, visit their official website here. On April 26, 2007, Mika was a guest of Graham, and he had a fun and lovely interview with Dustin Hoffman and Graham, and then sang a current release, Love Today! Well, I couldn't find a good clip - it seems the show ended halfway through the song, so I found another live version. Enjoy!



To learn more about Mika, check out his official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails