Saturday, October 3, 2009

Worth Another Listen - INXS Part 1



There is just no way I could cover my love for INXS in one post, so I thought I would do a multiple posts over time to move through some of my favorite songs. I remember first hearing the song Don't Change, and thinking they had a great sound, and lead singer Michael Hutchence was electrifying and sexy. That was back in 1982, 27 years ago. And I still feel the same way. I have most of the albums released by the Australian band. At least all of them with Michael Hutchence on lead vocal.

INXS-Don't Change


Their sound was unbridled and unabashed. They never shied away from the sensuality of their music, nor their rock 'n roll root. Besides Hutchence, the band included three brothers, Andrew, Jon and Tim Farriss, and Garry Gary Beers and Kirk Pengilly. The album was Shabooh Shoobah, and the other single was The One Thing.



The band stayed together as a tight unit until 1997, when Michael Hutchence was found dead. But more on that at a later date. You can find out more about INXS at the official website here.

4 comments:

  1. I love 'em, too, including their pre-"Shabooh Shoobah" stuff. I'm still sad about Michael Hutchence...so much talent! I got to see them live once in Indy, and they were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now ur talking.....INXS had such soul and funk in their music that I won't want to classify them as New Wave but more a really early form of alternative music. To to this day I can't really think of a band who has such energy and soul in their music!
    You can hear and feel the sensuality in Michael's voice.
    I will have more comments in your other parts - but UNXS - OMG - I am at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I still do love INXS. For me, it isn't "another listen". I am still listening to them, that is, when I get control of the stereo, which is not very often! :)
    Original Sin is one of the best songs ever! I just love it.
    I was so sad when Michael Hutchence died. "Dream on white boy...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, do we have matching record collections?

    SteveA, I hear you. I loved them - but have to say when Michael was no longer there, so was much of that soul and sensuality.

    Stan, I hear you, too. Much of what I have blogged about is the music I still listen to, including INXS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails