Monday, September 5, 2011

Five on the 5th - August 2011

New 5 on the 5th Banner

It is the 5th of the month, time for Stephen Chapman's 5 on the Fifth posts. This month, Stephen announced the theme is MESS. I decided to take on the challenge of the theme, in my own way. Luckily, over the Labor Day Weekend I went to the beach for a brief trip with my sister and her grandchildren. Kathy and I took Reed and Bryce on the rides in Playland Arcade in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We went on some rides, played a little Skee Ball, before driving back home. Well walking into Playland is like walking into a lesson on a mess. All of my senses were inundated, as the bright colors of the rides were jammed into a small space. There was loud piped in carnival music coming from many of the rides, and people everywhere, chatting, yelling, screaming and laughing. There was food being made. Well, no healthy food, but fried dough, popcorn, sour gummy worms. And that blasted music...



So, this was my idea of a mess.

Photobucket
The Paratrooper ride had people living up.

Photobucket
The Free-Fall ride and the Helicopter were in the same tight frame.


Photobucket
People were flipping, spinning, swinging and climbing on all kinds of rides.

Photobucket
The Sea Dragon was a swinging pirate ship!


Photobucket
The Merry-Go-Round was quite ornate.

Don't forget to check in to Stephen's blog here, and see other sets of great pictures. And I look forward to the next installment of Five on the 5th next month!

10 comments:

  1. All very well captured, my friend. Puts some of us - well, me, actually - to shame. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I can hear the music and the laughter, and the lovely smell of fried things in the air. A really great capsule of a fun park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it me...or is the carousel going the wrong direction?
    Great pictures, as always Howard! Behr Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love your view of mess.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. T From Dublin, thanks!

    Raybeard, thank you for your kind words!

    Biki, thank you!

    Behr, Thank you, dearest.

    Daniel, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great imagery. I especially enjoy how you managed to get the two different rides into the same frame. It really seemed to illustrate how much was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fifth pic the best. Well done Howard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, thanks!

    Erik, thank you so much.

    Cubby, thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails