Friday, April 27, 2012

Graham Norton • Summer 2010

Graham Norton Show
Diana Vickers Kelly Rowland Usher
Left to right: Diana Vickers; Kelly Rowland; and Usher.

I really do enjoy watching the Graham Norton Show, for many reasons. One is that Graham is just very funny to me, and I find myself laughing all the time! Also, there are some guests I would most likely not get a chance to see otherwise, and that just helps keep it fresh. And, of course, for the musical guests, for there are some great up-and-coming acts from the UK that are great fun, like the three I am picking out now. In fact, I picked out three guests that appeared three weeks in a row, on May 31st, June 7th and June 14th, all in 2010. The first on the list is adorable Diana Vickers, who was apparently an X-Factor contestant what went on to be signed and have some chart hits. One of those was the frisky and clever The Boy Who Murdered Love.



The next week, Graham has Usher on, and of course, the consummate entertainer put on an amazing show with Lil Freak. The single, which made it to #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, was one of the early songs to feature a young rapper named Nicki Minaj. She didn't make the trip with him, but it is a gerat show nonetheless.



And with the last act on this fun 3 week run, it is Kelly Rowland, who has a much stronger career in Europe and the UK than she does her in the US. Commander, which was produced by and featured DJ David Guetta, made it to #1 on the Dance charts in both the US and across Europe. HEre she is, singing the girl-power anthem.



Have a great Friday night!

2 comments:

  1. Norton is an all-capital letters HOOT...! the stuff he does and says is amazing, no filters..:)
    oh, I'm also addicted to Julian Clary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, but where do you see Julian Clary these days. Last I saw him was a couple of years ago, I think, on some odd yet funny "Judge" show.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails