Monday, April 2, 2012

Dark Monday • Lloyd Webber Trio

Andrew Lloyd Webber Trio, Audra McDonald Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn
Andrew Lloyd Webber Trio, Audra McDonald Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn Andrew Lloyd Webber Trio, Audra McDonald Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn
Above, from left: Audra McDonald, Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn

When Audra McDonald, Marin Mazzie, and Judy Kuhn lend their voices to an event, they certainly take it to a new level, a very special event. In September of 1998, Carnegie Hall was filled with an appreciative audience for the filming of My Favorite Broadway: The Leading Ladies. The evening brought together a glittering lineup of Broadway's best, past and present. In a segment honoring Andrew Lloyd Webber, Audra sang Love Changes Everything from Aspect of Love, Marin sang Unexpected Song from Song & Dance, and Judy did the honors with I Don`t Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar, all songs that showcased their beautiful voices.The Musical Director for the event was Paul Gemignani, with the American Theatre Orchestra.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love me some Lloyd Webber. My freshman year of high school I was the Phantom in my school's marching band finals, getting to disappear in a box on field. Unexpected Song is also one of my favorite songs to play on piano...or, it used to be and I'm sorry...I Don't Know How to Love Him is just not the same without Yvonne Elliman and all those luscious strings in the background. But thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails