Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Johnny Mathis • Sending You A Little Christmas

Johnny Mathis - Sending You A Little Christmas photo JohnnyMathisSendingYouALittleChristmasCOVER_zpscd323f1b.jpg

Earlier this fall, Johnny Mathis released a new Christmas album, and somehow, I managed to miss the news. Thankfully, my buddy JD Doyle of Queer Music Heritage did not, and sent me a note to check it out. It is a 'no brainer' that I would, since his first holiday album, 'Merry Christmas', is a favorite of mine. The album was a part of my own holiday soundtrack, for I have been hearing Johnny sing Christmas music all my life. In fact, I remember hearing his Pop songs and his Christmas music on the radio, and in the house. That first holiday album was released 55 years ago, yet I still play it every year. On the new album, Mathis works with such amazing artists as Billy Joel, Natalie Cole, Jim Brickman, Gloria Estefan, Susan Boyle, Vince Gill and Amazy Grant, and delivers another album I think I might be playing every year! This is the list of songs.

01. The Christmas Song (with Billy Joel)
02. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (with Natalie Cole)
03. This Christmas
04. Sending You a Little Christmas (with Jim Brickman)
05. Mary's Boy Child (with Gloria Estefan)
06. This Is a Time For Love
07. Do You Hear What I Hear (with Susan Boyle)
08. Home for the Holidays (featuring The Jordanaires)
09. Merry Christmas Darling
10. Decorate the Night
11. I'll Be Home for Christmas/White Christmas (with Vince Gill & Amy Grant)
12. Count Your Blessings

Now, I thought it would be fun this Christmas morning to let you hear the whole album, and let it be the soundtrack to your Christmas morning. It is a great holiday treat, and I am sure you will love it. So grab your cup of coffee or tea, and start opening your presents. Have a great Christmas day, and enjoy 'Sending You a Little Christmas'.



I must admit, Johnny Mathis has also been a hero of sorts for me. The man was courageous enough to come out of the closet in 1982 in 'Us' Magazine, long before it was the popular or safe thing to do. Handsome, talented, and gay, who could ask for anything more? You can purchase 'Sending You a Little Christmas' from iTunes and Amazon. You can still purchase 'Merry Christmas' from iTunes and Amazon as well. For more about Johnny Mathis, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails