Friday, July 9, 2010

New from Dave Patten

dave patten,boomerang,philadelphia
dave patten,boomerang,philadelphia
Above: Dave Patten from the Echo video.

I just really enjoy the music of Philadelphia-based singer/songwriter/filmmaker Dave Patten, and his latest video, Echo, should be a breakout hit this summer, if only radio would break the stranglehold music labels have on the airwaves. The music is all kinds of catchy, and is accompanied by a great video directed by Patten himself for his latest single. I've been a fan of his urban-rock sound for about a year, and have enjoyed his music and his videos. After all, as I am wont to say, str8 boys need love, too. Here is his new video. You can purchase the single from iTunes here.



I have a little catching up to do, as Dave has released a couple of videos since I have last posted about him. Seems the filmmaker is quite prolific, and does a really nice job with it as well. In fact, I am thinking other musicians in the Philly-area should be seeking him out to make a video or two for them. The guy has talent.

dave patten,boomerang,philadelphia
dave patten,boomerang,philadelphia
Top: Patten from Too Proud; bottom: Josh West from Discovered.

This is the video for Too Proud, from his album Boomerang. You can find the album and individual songs on iTunes here.



And, finally, here is the video for Discovered, also from the Boomerang album, which features actor Josh West. You have to admit both Dave and Josh are easy on the eyes.



For more on Dave Patten, check out his official website here. Not only do I enjoy his music, buy my 16-year-old nephew does as well. It is always nice to be able to support independent artists such as Dave Patten.

5 comments:

  1. you are so right. i've been following dave's music for probably two years now and the greatest thing about him is he does it all. Every aspect is truely his, everything from writing the music to putting together the videos he does himself. And the videos are absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Man, I enjoy his music very much.

    Anon, I agree with you totally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howard, I agree with you the labels will keep that tight hold. If people could listen to who they wanted when they wanted and promote them via social media, bands, singers, and audiences wouldn't need labels so much. I like his mellower sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, The labels have managed to homogenize the music business. If something sells big, we get 10 more of that, rather than a variety. I find I listen to label music less and less.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails