Monday, July 5, 2010

Dark Monday - Daniel Boys

Daniel Boys,dark monday
Daniel Boys,dark monday

After a star turn on a reality TV show casting for Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, I have been following Boys' career from a distance, watching it bloom in the UK while I sat in the US. I purchased, and love, his CD, So Close, and wished I lived close enough for his highly praised turn on the West End in Avenue Q, which he recently ended.

Daniel Boys,dark monday

Since Avenue Q, Daniel has had several concerts, tickets I have coveted from afar. From what I have seen, Daniel look great, and sounded even better at the shows, including at this one, where he sings the Neil Sedaka song first made famous by the Carpenters, Solitaire.



At another show, he sang Everything, a song from his debut album. The song was written by Amy Foster-Gillies, Michael Buble and Alan Chang. I loved it on the album, and am charmed by this live performance.



And I also found a clip of Daniel singing the Barry Manilow hit Could It Be Magic. Words cannot express how fun I think this is, from the song to being able to see Daniel dance.



Hope you enjoyed spending a little time with Daniel Boys, West End musical star. I still am keeping my fingers crossed a smart Broadway producer figures out he is a talented guy who needs to come over, so I can get a chance to see him live myself. Until then, I am grateful for YouTube! For more about Daniel, check out his official website here.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable and talented.
    What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, he is adorable, isn't he! I just love him to bits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails