Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sir Ari Gold!

ari gold
ari gold
ari gold

Today is the birthday of the beautiful and talented Ari Gold. Ari was born on this day in the Bronx in 1977, and was discovered singing at his brother's Bar Mitzvah. Ari landed his first job as a professional singer/actor performing the lead role on the CBS Children's recording Pot Belly Bear: Song and Stories. He has sung countless jingles, including Jem & the Holograms and the Cabbage Patch Kids. He has been openly gay since he launched his solo career, being out and proud no matter what. He has a couple of solo albums, and has excelled with music videos. Each of his videos have made it on to the Logo charts, including the latest, Make My Body Rock.



Previously, he held the top spot on LOGO with I Can Forgive You, a gorgeous and soulful ballad with a gorgeous and lush video my Christopher Ciccone.



Wave of You was the first exposure I had of Ari, and I instantly fell in love. The song is great, and the video is fantastic as well. I saw the video, and needed to buy the music first chance, which I most certainly did.



So, Happy Birthday, Ari Gold, and thank you for being a hero, being an out and proud gay man, allowing your talent to shine for the world. To learn more about Ari, visit his official website here. When I first found him, I used to go to his website just to listen to the music, before I bought it for myself. I now own all his albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails