Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kevin Wong • Thinkin' 'Bout You

Kevin Wong photo KevinWongPiano_zps8da66866.jpg

About a year ago, singer/songwriter Kevin Wong released his album 'Songs From The Weekend'. It is a charming album, one I really enjoy. It is on my list of albums to review and promote, for I think more people should be paying attention to it. Kevin manages to make the most of his music with a strong Pop background, and paints with Jazz and R&B colors. But before I go there, he recently did a cover of "Thinkin' 'Bout You", a song written by Frank Ocean, a single off his award-winning album, 'Channel Orange'. Well, I love what Kevin does with the song, and just thought I should share it with you all.



And, while I am at it, I also found a video of Kevin Wong singing one of my favorites from his album 'Songs From The Weekend', the deliciously charming "My Baby". If I didn't think the recorded version was sweet enough, this live version takes it up a notch, and is amazing. This song just warms my heart and makes me smile every time I hear it. Please enjoy Kevin Wong singing "My Baby".



To learn more about Kevin Wong, visit his official website. You can also "like" him on Facebook, or "follow" him on Twitter. You can find 'Songs From The Weekend' on iTunes and Amazon. You can also find it on Bandcamp, where you can get quite the bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails