Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Partridge Family • I Woke Up In Love This Morning

The Partridge Family photo The-Partridge-Family-the-partridge-family-546057_356_237_zpse0a539ba.jpg
The Partridge Family - I Woke Up in Love This Morning photo PartridgeFamilyIWokkeUpInLoveThisMorning_zps9e22be3c.jpg The Partridge Family - I Woke Up in Love This Morning photo the-partridge-family-starring-shirley-jones-and-featuring-david-cassidy-i-woke-up-in-love-this-morning-1971-5_zpsbe0f7b17.jpg

Well, I don't know what possessed me, but I had no choice by to post the Partridge Family this morning. I totally remember watching the show, which ran on ABC from the fall of 1970 to the Spring of 1974. The show starred Shirley Jones, herself a big name from musicals both on stage and screen. She played Mrs. Partridges, the widowed single mother of five children, struggling to make ends meet. And what better way was there than to start a band, and becoming famous? It was said the show was inspired by the family group The Cowsills, who had several hits in the late 1960s.

Susan Dey & David Cassidy photo PartridgeFamilyDavidCassidyampSusanDey_zps113cd0b8.jpg
David Cassidy photo david-cassidy-shirtless-4_zps0595dbbf.jpg

The show also featured the kids, with the older two being played by David Cassidy and Susan Dey, both beautiful to be sure. Cassidy was Shirley's step-son, and often the lead vocalist on the songs. I will admit, I remember having a bit of a crush on David, and who could blame me? And while I truly enjoy several of the songs, even today, I am a bit surprised I never purchased an album. But I still like many of the songs, like the one featured here. This is the Partridge Family, featuring Shirley Jones and David Cassidy, singing "I Woke Up In Love This Morning".



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails