Thursday, November 8, 2012

RightOutTV Awards 2012 • Jen Foster & Jeffery Straker

2012 RightOutTV Award, Jeffery Straker & Jen Foster

With the next installment of the series on winners of the RightOutTV Awards, I focus on the awards for Best Pop/Rock/Adult Contemporary music, with two categories, one for videos and one for songs. I begin with the winner of the Best Pop/Rock/Adult Contemporary Video, Jeffery Michael Straker, for his wonderful song "Gone." The song is off the 2011 album 'Under The Souls of My Shoes,' the second track from the Canadian singer/songwriter. I love this video, so sassy and bold.



Jeffery Michael Straker is an out and proud artist, and is also singed to the EMI Canada record label. While this song is off his 2011 release, just last month he released his new album, 'Vagabond.' In fact, I reviewed it several weeks ago here. You can find 'Under The Souls of My Shoes' on iTunes and Amazon. You can find 'Vagabond' on iTunes and Amazon. To learn more about Jeffery Michael Straker, visit his official website.

For the category of Best Pop/Rock/Adult Contemporary Song, we have be different winner with a beautiful and intimate song from lesbian singer/songwriter Jen Foster, the aching heart behind "You Stayed." Don't get me wrong, I understand the song is at it's core a happy and loving song, but the self-doubt and questioning is so real, and perfectly communicated.



"You Stayed" is off the EP of the same name released this past summer. It is a five-song collection of outstanding tracks, opening with the title track, followed by a personal look at love. I couldn't resist, and had to add this to my own collection. You can find the EP on iTunes, Amazon, and Bandcamp. Or you can just click on the above widget, where it says 'Buy.'  To learn more about Jen Foster, visit her official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails