Monday, January 28, 2013

Dark Monday • All That Jazz

Bernadette Peters photo bernadette-peters585_zpsab52d65e.jpg
Above: The magnificent Bernadette Peters.

In tonight's taste of Broadway experience, I thought I would return to the electrifying Bernadette Peters to bring some magic. So I set off to explore the world of Bernadette on Youtube, and discovered a 1975 appearance on the 'Carol Burnett Show'. One the show, she sang "All That Jazz" from the recently opened 'Chicago', with lyrics by Fred Ebb and music by John Kander. And while I don't remember her ever appearing in a production of the musical, I think she did a stellar job in making the song her own. I wonder why no producers were clever enough to get her somewhere they could sell tickets playing either Velma or Roxy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails